When I am in Italy I eat panzerotti for breakfast ...mouth watering doughnut pastry coated in finger lickin' sugar and stuffed with sweetened ricotta, with a hint of lemon. Sort of what a jam doughnut should have grown up to be ... if it had been brought up properly.
In Sydney, if I am lucky one of my friends will bring one to me from a secret cafe in Paddington (at the bottom of William Street).
But now I have had one (actually many) from Buzy Bakehouse in Queen Street Woollahra. OMG !!!! And their plain round doughnuts are to die for. BTW their ricotta cake is nothing to be sneezed at, even if a little bit pricey. Though at times their panzerotti filling varies and becomes too creamy, loosing that special ricotta texture.
Oh ... I forgot those people who have gluten intolerance ..this place caters for them with a special range!!
However their service when you want to eat there or even buy at the counter is very remiss ... the coffee arrives about ten minutes after the cakes (makes you eat another!!) and the place is not even busy ..i just watch the staff fluff around and the barista looks lost ..because his coffee making skills have gone missing.

No comments:
Post a Comment