Showing my age? The bar at the Sir Stamford Hotel on Macquarie Street is a well kept secret. Comfortable chairs, fire in winter, lounges to sit on and five star service ...no amateur waiters waiting for their break on the stage ... these people want to work in the hospitality industry!! And no loud music, so you can talk to your friends.
So you get ambiance, attention, and wait for it ... a bar menu with some great food on it. This place has the best steak sandwich I have ever had .. Sonoma bread which is buttered and grilled enveloping succulent beef topped with onion jam, roasted tomatoes and rocket ... salivating writing about it. BTW it is priced at $18 and really hits the spot.
Or have the Waygu beef burger. Plus you get hand cut chips or a salad or sea salted potatoes with rosemary.
Did I mention that they have a good range of single malt scotches? ... I could live happily at the Sir Stamford Hotel ...actually when I get old I might just do that.
No comments:
Post a Comment