Wednesday, 1 June 2011

In Victoria Street Potts Point? Ms G's or Jimmy Liks?

Went to Ms G's.  Not sure why it was recommended to me. 
  ..they serve drinks in plastic cups with a seal on top and  a straw to break through it. This is meant to be groovy but is just plain demeaning. I mean you do that in a kindergarten.  Also it is a rip off and especially so because you are paying a premium price for a cocktail. . The drink did not taste good either (just plain watery concoction that was truly forgettable).

The food is the usual EuroTrash version of Asian ... good if you are drunk, not good if you are a food lover.  All sweet and not particularly sophisticated.  The customers are sophisticated though.  Full of loud fun people looking perfect. 
Hard to tell who the service staff are. No uniforms, very casual and somewhat undertrained or overworked. not sure which. To top it off they were in a hurry to kick us out even though we had spent up big. We were still drinking!!! The guy at the table behind hardly ate or drank anything (probably due to chemical assistance) but because he was some "celeb" jeans "designer" they did not disturb him.  This is one of those places.
On the other side of the road, at Jimmy Liks I had a very enjoyable meal the day before and I wish I had gone back there, instead of Ms G's.

No comments:

Post a Comment